DDoS Cybersecurity Consultant - Student position
Looking for a university CS/IT student for a part-time opportunity as a cybersecurity consultant. The candidate must demonstrate a history of excellence and they will become a DDoS subject-matter expert.
We are looking for someone for the long run. We are seeking a student in his/her last year of studies; that will become available for a full-time employment upon graduation.
The DDoS Analyst provides Red Button’s DDoS professional services to our customers: DDoS Attacks simulation, DDoS mitigation architecture design, training professional teams towards DDoS readiness, and Incident Response to DDoS attacks.
You will gain vast knowledge in DDoS and put it into practice within all the professional services range. This knowledge will include DDoS attacks, defense and security, and computer networks. Red Button is vendor-agnostic; therefore, the analyst will gain knowledge of all the major DDoS vendors and services, understand their underlying technology and possess hands-on skills. The analyst will master Red Button's DDoS Testing Platform, which is used to run our DDoS testing simulations.
Your goal will be to ensure that organizations under your responsibility are ready to withstand DDoS attacks.
- A university student from a major university, studying for a degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology, or a related field.
- Cum Laude student with at least 1-2 semesters left.
- Available to work 2-3 days per week, occasionally nights and weekends.
- Employment/Military experience in the field of information security or computer networks.
- Knowledge of network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS).
- Proactive, communicative, and able to lead and propel people to improve their security.
- Fast learning capabilities.
- Proven record of academic / occupational excellence.
- Good English - written and spoken.
- Previous experience in customer-facing roles.
- Experience working in SOC, Penetration Testing, Professional Services, Information Security, Networking or System.
- Knowledge in networking or network cybersecurity - BGP routing, WAF, CDN.
- Experience with cloud computing infrastructure - Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.
- Programming skills.
- High compensation.
- Unique opportunity to put your knowledge and skills to use in the reality of a major production environment.
- Opportunity to become a genuine expert in DDoS.